Sunday, August 30, 2015

VMA's Recap: My View

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and Everything In Between:

Nicki's performance opened the show and it was a showstopper, as Taylor Swift surprised us all towards the end. Nicki performed "Trini Dem Girls." 

Nicki received an award for Female hip hop video of the year for "Anaconda." Nicki spoke out as old Nicki and even mentioned her beef with Miley Cyrus. Miley said "you know how they twist interviews." Nicki then was cut off by Miley (that's what my family said) and Nicki said "Bitch don't play with me." I think it was all a joke and yes, I know what Miley said in the interview. Reports are saying it was a serious encounter.

Taylor Swift won best female video, of course!! Please, don't act shocked Taylor because we aren't. 

Demi looked gorgeous on the MVA, body and all 😍😍. 

Kim lips look over injected. 

Tori Kelly sang for her life, great performance. Love her soulful voice. 

Macklemore performed, which was good to see.

Now, what I didn't like was when they had Amy Scheumer play light of police brutality by introducing the best hip hop artist while dressed as a stripper police, that scene was very shady and should have been removed. 

My favorite part of the entire show is when my Queens came on the stage to close the show with Miley Cyrus. Drag Queens such as Jasmine Masters, Gia Gunn, Kennedy, Laganja Estranja, Gia Gunn, Alyssa Edwards, Jaidynn Diorre, Trinity and so many more graced the stage with female real ness. I have to say I was so excited that it was queens I could name as a true drag fan.

Plus, Kanye is running for President in 2020. Cast your votes early, I know I will. Even though, his speech contained a lot of "Bro," I'll still support the creative genius. 

Adios Amigos, Until Next Time
Marshay


No comments: